Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas beauty products.





Hi everyone.


Hope you all had a nice Christmas. I certainly did. Apologies for the slight blur on the photos, I'm getting used to my new camera! My Mum is aware of how much I love beauty products so the main theme for my Christmas presents was beauty. 

The first product I got was the 'Smoked' Urban Decay Palette:








I had been eyeing up the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette but still was really happy when I got given this palette. It has 10 beautiful shades, all very pigmented. There is a mix between neutrals and colours. The palette contains majority shimmer shades, however there are a few matte shades. I'd say this palette is more wearable for an evening look rather than day time. However, using a neutral as a base colour and either 'barlust' or 'backdoor' used in the outer corner blended, could make a nice day time look. This palette also comes with a sample size of Urban Decay primer potion, something I've always wanted to try. It additionally comes with a black eyeliner which is very creamy and easy to apply. 

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123932019799_-1

The next beauty product was the Liz Earle skin set:


The thing I was most excited to try out was the 'cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser' as I have had heard such good feedback about it on various blogs and YouTube videos. The last few days I've been trying the trio skin routine. It comes with the cleanser, 2 muslin cloths, a moisturiser, skin tonic and a treatment mask. I've found the cleanser really effective and does a proper job of removing every last bit of make up. The moisturiser is very hydrating for the skin and makes a good base before applying make up. I haven't yet tested the treatment mask but I will be using it when my skin needs a quick reboost. I've been switching between the Liz Earle cleanse and polish cleanser and the No7 one. Whilst I think the the No7 one is still good, I think the Liz Earle one is better. The only thing I'd criticise is the price. It's quite expensive in comparison to other good skin care brands on the highstreet. Whether or not I'll repurchase I'm unsure due to being a student, but I really do love it so far so we'll see!

http://www.qvcuk.com/Liz-Earle-4-Piece-Essential-Discovery-Collection.product.202257.html?sc=202257-DRIL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-202257



The next little thing I got was this nail polish remover by Leighton Denny. When it comes to removing nail polish I am very lazy and find that its the most tedious thing to do. So when I got this product I was really looking forwards to using it. It becomes very easy and quick to remove nail polish so this is a great product especially to have on the go or travelling. 




The last beauty thing was a Bobbi Brown Mascara. I've heard its a good mascara, however haven't tried it out properly yet to give my true opinion, so I will have to apply it a few more times before I can write a post about it. I like the simple packaging and the brush itself.


What did you get for Christmas?

Eikc.

No comments:

Post a Comment